Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hey Peeps!



It's NO secret I LOVE peeps! I am 100% addicted to their sugary covered goodness.


I may be one of the few people in the world who truly enjoys peeps. Maybe you might ask "who in their right mind would really eat more than two"?


Me! (all my kids and my sister)


Infact take note of this VERY REAL story problem about me and my beloved peeps: 2 packages of peeps=24 pink bunnies+1 Diet Coke+total consumption of both=a visit to the Emergency room!!! After that expensive treat, one would hope that I would be cured of my addiction.....and yes, I will admit that for one Spring/Easter season I had a hard time eating them. So, I settled on opening the package and smelling their sweet aroma, licking all the sugar off and tossing their little-white-naked-bodies in the trash. ;) It did however cure my addiction to Diet Coke.


Did you know?

Peeps made their grand introduction into the candy world in 1940.

Peeps are the #1 selling non-chocolate Easter candy beating out jelly beans!

In 1995 the lavender (my favorite) peep was introduced.

Peeps average 80 million in sales each year, that 1.2 billion Peeps. (oh' heavenly day)


Speaking of Peeps and chocolate......I've got that activity set up for next week!


What's your Easter candy of choice?









3 comments:

Caitlin Selle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
caitlin said...

Wow! Who knew all that about peeps? Not me! My favorite easter candy? It's gotta be the reeses peanut butter eggs.

I once was given an entire bag for a present and I ended up eating the whole thing the same day, and threw up all day long. You would think that would teach me, but no, I am craving an egg this minute!

(oh and I LOVE your new little peep picture! so colorful!)

gotshoes said...

I love peeps to, they are even better toasted on a stick over a campfire. So save yourself a few packages for future use. My favorite Easter candy is all Easter candy.The candy at Easter is the best. Peeps, mini eggs,robin eggs,snickers eggs, reeses eggs. Everything must taste better in egg form
April